A 2018 poll by The American Psychiatric Association showed that nearly 40 percent of Americans are experiencing higher levels of anxiety than they did in 2017.
The cause of this can certainly vary based on each individual, however what is undeniable are the rising levels of mental health issues in America and the various ways in which people try to cope with them.
If it were to be boiled down into general and common categories, Time Magazine states that a lot the anxiety those surveyed were experiencing stemmed from finances, safety levels, and health.
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America reported that anxiety is the most common mental health disorder, accounting for about 18.1 percent of the population in the U.S., and less than half of those who have it get treated for it. Depression does not fall too short behind, and often these mental illnesses can come hand in hand.
Undeniably so, whether those who suffer from a mental illness seek help or not, it can be difficult to persist day by day. Little additions of positivity and daily affirmations can drastically help set the tone for those who suffer from occasional voids of motivation and happiness.
At this point in time, statistics show that it is fairly common to experience these voids and illnesses, and it should be discussed and normalized. There is no shame in trying to better yourself in any way that works best for you.
In the hopes of helping the many people who experience these daily obstacles, here are 30 quotes that we hope will inspire you to be the strong and dedicated person you are.
Read a new one everyday this month to help feed your brain and spark your passions.
1. I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan
2. Never limit yourself because of others’ limited imagination; never limit others because of your own limited imagination. –Mae Jemison
3. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. –Mark Twain
4. Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. –Charles Swindoll
5. Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye. –Helen Keller
6. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain
7. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. –Jimmy Dean
8. Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. –Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
9. It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect its successful outcome. –William James
10. If you hear a voice within you say “you cannot paint,” then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. –Vincent Van Gogh
11. You don’t have to know where you are going to be headed in the right direction. –Christian Bone
12. Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong. –Ella Fitzgerald
13. Fall seven times and stand up eight. –Japanese Proverb
14. Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions. –Dalai Lama
15. You can’t fall if you don’t climb. But there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground. –Unknown
16. Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. –Winston Churchill
17. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. –C.S. Lewis
18. Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. –Joshua J. Marine
19. Try to be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud. –Maya Angelou
20. It is never too late to be what you might have been. –George Eliot
21. The battles that count aren't the ones for gold medals. The struggles within yourself--the invisible battles inside all of us--that's where it's at. –Jesse Owens
22. Some people look for a beautiful place. Others make a place beautiful. –Hazrat Inayat Khan
23. Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. –William James
24. If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely. –Roald Dahl
25. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. –Confucius
26. Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you’re positive, good things happen. –Deep Roy
27. We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us. –Joseph Campbell
28. If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough. –Oprah Winfrey
29. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. –Dalai Lama
30. When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, no not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle, yet most of the audience still sleeps. –John Lennon
31. You don’t always need a plan. Sometimes you just need to breathe, trust, let go, and see what happens. –Mandy Hale
Quotes compiled from: